BAM has introduced an array of measures to assist its customers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic which has dampened the debt servicing capability of some of its debt restructuring customers and customers purchasing properties with installment payments. Customers can opt for the measure that best meets their respective needs on BAM’s website at www.Bam.co.th.
Mr. Somporn Moonsrikaew, President of Bangkok Commercial Asset Management Plc. (BAM), said that, in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic which is currently having persistent and far-reaching effects, the Company is concerned about its debt restructuring customers and customers purchasing NPAs with installment payments who have been hit by the said situation such that they have become less able or unable to repay their debts for the time being. Therefore, BAM has issued three relief measures to assist its debt restructuring customers and customers purchasing NPAs with installment payments, whereby they can choose one of the three measures which best matches their debt servicing capability, as follows:
- Suspension of principal and interest payments for three months;
- Suspension of principal and interest payments for three months and, after that, suspension of principal repayments for another three months (payment of interest only); and
- Suspension of principal repayments (payment of interest only) until the December 2020 installment.
Customers eligible for such debt moratorium programs must be those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, including:
- Customers undergoing debt restructuring with BAM, both retail and SME customers; and
- Customers purchasing NPAs with installment payments to BAM.
Customers can submit their request for debt moratorium no later than May 31, 2020 and BAM will decide on the most suitable option for each customer. For more information, please contact our call center at 02-630-0700, BAM Head Office, Don Mueang Office and branch offices nationwide, or via FB: Bam Thailand, FB: Online Debt Compromise Center by BAM, and Line: @bamline.